County health department reports 3 new COVID deaths last week, 14,194 total cases
Press release from the Department of Health of the department of La Porte
La Porte County is designated as Orange again this week. Below is the daily number of new positive COVID-19 cases in the county over the past 7 days:
September 3, 34 cases
September 4, 46 cases
September 5, 22 cases
September 6, 40 cases
Sep 7, 29 cases
September 8, 40 cases
September 9 62 cases
Total number of positive cases for La Porte County: 14,194
Total COVID deaths in La Porte County: 236 (3 this week)
Here are the locations of the COVID-19 testing sites:
– CVS, 1407 Lincoln Way, La Porte. Appointment required; visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to plan. To free. Test: diagnostic laboratory.
– HealthLinc, Civic Auditorium of La Porte. Mondays and Wednesdays in September (closed on 9/22) 7:00 am-11:00am Appointment required; call 219-326-0043 ext. 3100.
– HealthLinc, 400 rue Teegarden, La Porte. Fridays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Appointment required; call 888-580-1060.
– Northwest Health Emergency Care, 401, boul. Newporte. Monday-Friday, 8 am-8pm, Saturday-Sunday, 8 am-4pm Visit https://www.nwhealthlaporte.com. Offer COVID testing with an emergency care visit.
– Walgreens, 1302 W. Ind. 2, The Door. Appointment required; visit https://www.walgreens.com/ to plan. Free driving COVID tests; rapid diagnosis.
– CVS, 901 N. Karwick Rd. Appointment required. Visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to plan. No cost. Test: diagnostic laboratory.
– Franciscan Express Care, 4111 Franklin St. Monday to Friday, 8 am to 7 pm; Saturday / Sunday, 8 am-5pm
– Franciscan Health, 3500 Franciscan Way, Gate A. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday / Sunday, 7 a.m.-12 p.m. Free with insurance. Test: rapid diagnostic laboratory. Must have a doctor’s appointment and prescription. Call 219-877-1474.
– HealthLinc, 710 Franklin St. Monday to Thursday 8 am to 8 pm, Friday 8 am to 1 pm, Saturday 9 am to 1 pm Free with insurance. Test: rapid diagnostic laboratory. Must have an appointment; call 888-588-1060.
– La Porte County Health Unit, 302 W. 8th St. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 am-7pm, Tuesday and Thursday, 9 am-5pm Fee: Free. Test: diagnostic laboratory and rapid tests available if medical criteria are met by IDOH. Pre-register on scheduling.coronavirus.in.gov. The walk-in appointments will be determined according to the availability of the schedule.
– Walgreens, 1816 S. Franklin St. and 101 WUS 20. Appointment required. Visit https://www.walgreens.com/ to plan. Free drive-thru; rapid diagnostic test.
– CVS, 8989 EUS 20, New Carlisle. Appointment required; visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to plan. To free. Test: diagnostic laboratory.
To locate additional testing sites in Indiana, visit www.coronavirus.in.gov.
The La Porte County Health Department Immunization Clinic is located at 1007 Lincoln Way, La Porte, in the old lobby of La Porte Hospital. The clinic’s opening hours are Monday and Wednesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to noon. No appointment required, but if you want to make one, visit www.ourshot.in.gov, dial 211 or dial 219-326-6808 ext. 7101.
To locate other vaccination clinics, visit www.ourshot.in.gov or call 211.
Visit www.ourshotlpc.com for even more information, videos and locations for COVID-19 vaccinations and testing.