How to block shows on Netflix with parental controls
- You can block shows and movies on Netflix by adjusting the parental controls settings on your Netflix account.
- Netflix lets you block specific shows and movies as well as restrict content by age range.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
contains many great movies and shows, but not all are suitable for children. In the past, what kids watched on Netflix was entirely at their parents’ discretion, but now Netflix allows you to block specific shows and movies through the use of a 4-digit PIN code.
Now you can use your own judgment on which shows and movies are and are not suitable for children. Here’s how to block shows on Netflix.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (from $ 1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (from $ 299.99 at Best Buy)
How to block shows on Netflix
1. Log into Netflix as you normally would and click on your profile icon.
2. Hover your cursor over your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen and click “Account” from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Scroll down and click on “Parental Controls”.
4. Type in your Netflix password and click “Continue”.
5. Click on “Create a PIN code” and enter a 4-digit code of your choice. Click “Save” when finished.
6. Scroll down to “Restrict by maturity level”. Click on the age level you want to restrict, such as “Older Kids”, which will restrict content for users in that age group as well as for younger age groups.
7. Scroll down to “Restrict specific titles”. Click in the white box and start typing the name of the show or movie you want to block. Click on its name once it appears in the drop-down list. Do this for each show or movie you want to block.
You should now have successfully blocked unwanted content from users who don’t have access to your 4-digit PIN (ideally younger people).
If you find that the blocked media are still accessible to the age range you have restricted without using your PIN code, go to “Manage profiles”, click on the profile in question and make sure that the profile is set to the appropriate age range. If you did this and the problem persists, contact Netflix support.