Muhlenberg County Health Department Reports 3 New Cases of COVID-19
MUHLENBERG CO., Ky. (WBKO) – The Muhlenberg County Health Department is reporting 3 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, May 10, 2021.
The current number of cases for Muhlenberg County is currently 2,921 cases.
MCHD is currently managing 23 cases.
The free COVID-19 test is offered at the Muhlenberg County Health Department every Monday in May, by appointment only.
Call 270-754-3200 to schedule.
It is essential that all members of the community continue to work together to combat the community spread of this virus, #TeamMuhlenberg.
The MCHD will continue to work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) to identify and contact people who may have been exposed to these people.
These people will be monitored for fever and respiratory symptoms.
These individuals are residents of Muhlenberg County, but further details on these cases cannot be provided due to medical confidentiality laws.
The best ways to prevent the spread of the disease are to follow these safety tips:
● Wear a mask when you are with someone who does not live in your household, especially if you cannot maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more.
● Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
● Avoid close contact with sick people.
● Avoid touching your face.
● Stay home when you are sick.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a spray bottle or regular household cleaning wipe.
● Follow the advice provided by Governor Andy Beshear.
This virus can be spread by respiratory droplets.
Symptoms of COVID19 can include fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
People with symptoms should call:
1. Muhlenberg County Health Department or
2. Owensboro Health at 1-877-888-6647 or
3. Western Ky Community Health Centers at 270-338-5777 or
4. Visit an emergency care center or
5. Contact your health care provider.
If you have questions or need additional help, visit kycovid19.ky.gov, call the state hotline at 1-800-722-5725, or call the Muhlenberg County Department of Health at 270-754-3200.
Please check our Facebook page for the latest information.
Copyright 2021 WBKO. All rights reserved.