Something good: the soldier returns home for his mother’s wedding
(NewsNation Now) – An Illinois military mom never thought she would see her son on his wedding day, but with a little help and faith, he made sure to go with her in the driveway.
The emotional reunion was filmed.
“I was in shock,” said Fleur Kirksey-Knight, the bride. “I am moved just by watching the video. He made me think he wouldn’t come. It had to be done by video.
His son, Army specialist Rahni Kirksey, had been deployed for nine months. He took three flights to get back in time for his wedding.
“It made the whole day perfect,” said Fleur.
Rahni said he started looking for a way home after his mother’s fiance told him he was going to propose.
“I knew with the COVID restrictions… it would be difficult to get home just because of the shorter staff we had,” Rahni said. “So I mean about six months in total trying to plan for it and push the paperwork just to make it happen. “
“No one else could betray me, he’s my only child,” Fleur said. “He said, ‘Mom, are you ready?’ and I looked at him, I said ‘Baby, yeah, I’m ready.’ And he handed me over to my fiancée, now … my husband, and that was the most beautiful thing.
- Radio: Amazon fulfillment center workers in Chicago stop working
- Radio: police turn to new technologies in JonBenet Ramsey investigation
- Radio: Almanac and coin found in time capsule under Lee statue
- Banfield: New DNA technology could help in JonBenet case, person of interest in triple homicide
- New DNA technology could help in JonBenet case, person of interest in Illinois triple homicide