Trinity Launches Ireland’s First Online MBA
With online MBA programs popping up all over the world, Trinity Business School has launched the first online option in Ireland. With a full tuition fee of € 35,000 ($ 41,740), the two-year program is far more expensive than the cost of the more disruptive options in the United States or Europe.
The Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois has one of the most successful online MBA programs at a cost of just $ 22,000, half the price of Trinity’s program (see Gies’ iMBA: Inside A Disruptive Online MBA Option), while ESMT Berlin in Europe launched an online MBA for $ 30,000, or over $ 10,000 less (see ESMT Berlin enters the online MBA market).
ESMT Berlin and Trinity are the newest players in online MBA in Europe, a market where the dominant schools have been the Spanish IE Business School, the first school in Europe to launch an online MBA, as well as Warwick Business. British School and Imperial College Business School. in London. IE Business School’s Global Online MBA currently costs € 51,200 IE ($ 61,667), while Imperial charges € 48,020 (€ 39,870) and Warwick is priced at € 39,660 ($ 32,930) . Imperial Oil’s online offering is the first international program to achieve a ranking of Poets and Quants.
THE TRINITY ONLINE MBA AWARD IS ABOUT THE SAME AS THE COST OF ITS FULL-TIME AND EXISTING EMBA
Trinity is pricing her online option at roughly the same cost as her full-time MBA, which currently costs € 35,800, as well as her existing Executive MBA of € 35,800 in which students take on-campus classes on Mondays and Tuesdays. evenings and four Saturdays per term. The school’s EMBA program also includes a trio of compulsory block weeks over a two-year period, which includes one week of international residency in Brussels.
In preparation for four years, the Trinity option will welcome its first cohort in September 2021. Called the Flexible Executive MBA, the blended program will be 80% online and the remaining 20% on the school’s campus in Dublin. will involve 20% learning on campus and welcome its first cohort in September 2021.
“With huge swathes of the world of work become remote due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the launch of our new Flexible Executive MBA is certainly timely,” Trinity Dean Andrew Burke said in a statement. “However, the reality is that it lasts four years; having been driven by the growing trends of remote, flexible and juggling co-working parents and other new forms of work.
Online classes will be delivered in the school’s new Matrix room, which Trinity describes as a state-of-the-art interactive center developed exclusively for the program.
THE FIRST YEAR CONSISTS OF A SERIES OF BASIC MODULES PLUS THE START-UP OF A BUSINESS PROJECT
The program kicks off with the Michaelmas semester, which runs from September to December, and will consist of three core modules comprising a mix of lecturers, guest lecturers, live action learning, projects and a workshop. Over the course of a one-week block, online MBA students will study Accounting and Financial Management, with the other pair of core courses covering People Management in Organizations and Strategic Management.
The Hilary Term, which will run from January to March, will add four more core modules as well as a business project. The course will include in-depth dives into business ethics and corporate social responsibility, marketing, economics and global markets, and leadership with business analysis and artificial intelligence. In the last quarter of the first year, the Trinity trimester from April to August, students will take three more core modules in Operational Strategy, Professional Development, Leadership, and Climate Emergency.
The second year of the program starts with a week of immersion on campus and a business project, followed by options and an independent elective project. In the final Trinity trimester, students engage in a social enterprise and entrepreneurship project as well as a scale-up project before graduation in August. The school currently lists only six options to choose from which range from international business to cross-cultural management.
For admission, Trinity will require an Executive Assessment Test with a score of 140/200, as well as a minimum of three to five years of work experience as well as a degree, professional qualification, or history of successful completion. commercial. The school is open to EA exam waiver for applicants with eight or more years of management experience or holders of a master’s or doctoral degree in a quantitative discipline from a reputable university. Non-native English speakers must have an IELTS 6.5 or a TOEFL IBT 90.
DON’T MISS: THE WORLD’S BEST ONLINE MBA PROGRAMS OF 2021 or GIES AWAITS A NEW RECORD FOR ITS ONLINE MBA CANDIDATES